Thursday, November 4, 2010

Julia, 2 years (+4 months)

Julia has been eating on her own at the table now. She still sits in the booster chair, but we removed the tray. She is getting to be less messy. I remember when her yogurt was all over the table, when we stopped spoon-feeding it to her.

Julia sings along with Daddy to "Jesus Loves Me." I still need to take a video of it. I have heard Julia repeating phrases to Little Mermaid. We have a few Disney Sing-a-long Disney DVD's that she likes and I think she will be singing along to songs very soon.

Julia talks much more in sentences.

Julia loves princesses! She knows who Tinker Bell is now too, since we rented Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. So now, every time we put in a different DVD, right before Tinker Bell shows up at the beginning, she knows it's coming and says, "where's Tinker Bell?" Instead of 'Beauty and the Beast,' it's "Cutie and the Beast," and if corrected, it's "Booty and the Beast." If you try and think it's cute though, she takes it as mocking her and gets offended. She can tell EVERY time you mock her, even though mocking is not intended to hurt her.

Julia is much better at allowing me to do her hair. Instead of trying to do her hair while she is moving about, she'll sit there now. Julia now has bangs, as I cut them for the first time in October. I also tried sponge rollers, but can't get it to look that great.  I think I need to hold off until her hair is longer.  Julia also likes to dress up in dresses.

Sponge-rollers (attempt); looked better later in the day when the curls fell out and Grandma redid her hair!


No comments: