Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Due date is 2 weeks away

Jeff just finished the baby's room this last weekend, putting up the wall stickers, after having put up crown molding, chair railing & paint. He did a wonderful job! I will post pictures soon. He is picking up the dresser/changing table from Babies R Us this evening! I finally ordered the wall letters of the name we chose for the baby...at this point we will just keep it a surprise, unless I talk to you. All the clothes and blankets are washed! We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby boy! Jeff has a week of training (teacher stuff) the week the baby is due, so we don't mind if the baby comes late, but if he is early or on time, Jeff will make it up later!

I am due 2 weeks from today. Last week, the doctor checked and I was not dilated yet at 37 weeks, so we'll see this week if I've progressed. With my pregnancy with Julia, I was already dilated to 1 1/2 cm at 37 weeks, and then stayed at 2 cm, for another 2 weeks, before my labor began. The doctor did say that the baby is over 6 lbs, but not quite 7 lbs. My guess is that he will be 8+ pounds at birth. I've gained around the same amount I did with my pregnancy with Julia (close to 35 lbs). I'm getting sick of the comment, "are you having twins?" All my weight gained is in my belly (out front) and it is pretty big (but normal measurement).

Julia's bags were packed this last weekend (for both sets of grandparents-she will probably stay one night at each house), along with the baby's diaper bag for the hospital. I'm going to miss her so much! Today I pack our suitcase for the hospital and a snack bag for Jeff. We still need to put the infant car seat in our vehicle, but it is already laundered (I love to have things clean-I washed it every few months when Julia was using it) and it is in our closet underneath our staircase.

I'm feeling pretty good still, but starting to be more out of breath! Please pray for me for a bearable labor, safe delivery, and for a healthy baby! And for Jeff to bear with me during my labor. And for us not to miss Julia too much! I know she will be well taken care of and have fun with her grandparents, aunts, uncles.

No comments: