
I weighed Julia today and she was 23.4 lbs, meaning she gained about a pound in the last month. Julia's length is 32 1/4, so she barely grew in height.
Julia's 19 month milestones:
In her 18th month (January), Julia learned 64 new words or phrases, which means now she is at an average of two words per day. Here they are:
alligator, Barney (Bawnie), blanket, Bo Peep, boy, call me, cat, chair, chocolate, clues (coos), cow, diaper, door, drink (jeek), Dumbo, Elmo's song (soon), fish, fly, fork, four, frog, funny, girl, goat, good-bye, grandpa, guinea, I'm tired (says it and rubs her eyes, even when she's really not tired), jacket, Jessie (from Toy Story II), Joy (her aunt), love you, meow, messy, mommy, monkey, more, octopus (ocpus), on, out, page, paper, peek-a-boo, penguin, pig, pony, pop, pretty (pitty), Puffs, purple, shirt, sticky, stinky, stop it, sucker, swing, tiger, toot, trash, tummy, turtle, what did you do?, white, yummy
Julia learned words that begin with "f" this month, as you can see above. Q,V,X, & Z are the only letters she hasn't learned words for yet.
Julia is to the point now where she will often repeat after us. Jeff or I will say: "say _____" and she'll repeat it if she wants to. I think that's why her vocabulary increased even more this month. Here are a couple funny things she says. I'll say, "Julia, say fire," and she'll say "hot." Or I'll say, "Say cow," but she'll say "moo," although this month she did learn "cow."
Julia is finally over her cold that lasted around 8 weeks. She also got a cough during that time, which sometimes would sound congested. So I would tell her, "cough," and she would do it, which was nice, because then she wouldn't sound congested anymore. She also, (without being told), covers her mouth (sometimes) when she coughs. I didn't even teach it to her. I figured that was a harder concept to understand.
Julia's manners are improving a lot. Sometimes she'll say please all on her own. But if not, all we have to say to her is: "what do you say?" and she'll say "peas," (please)! And she'll repeat thank-you! And she does great at saying "Amen" after prayers.
Julia loves music and likes to sing. She'll sing "abcd," or "Barney is a dah-tor (dinosaur) or "Elmo's soon (song)." Or she'll be singing something we can't recognize at all.
New activities/adventures she loves:
Aunt Joy got out crayons and she loved it. It occupied her for at least half an hour/maybe an hour, the first time. So the next time we brought her to a restaurant, she colored again, and was a very good girl. Now it's an everyday activity that she does while in her booster chair. Something she learned on her own this month was summersaults. She first did a backwards one off of an air mattress. Today she did a forward summersault off our bed, right in front of me (after she got in trouble). She didn't get hurt at all-just scared. One adventure that she loves is going to stores and having free reign to walk around wherever she wants to go. She thinks she is in control. Yesterday my mom and Joy brought her to Toys R Us and let her wander wherever she wanted for over an hour. She just about throws a fit, if you try to pick her up or take her by the hand, so this is not something we do too often. Usually we have her in a stroller, but I do realize that sometimes she has been in the carseat/stroller for too long, and I need to let her walk around/get some of her energy out.
Julia also loves to climb on things (for instance chairs & sometimes even up onto the kitchen table, and into the new double stroller we purchased). I got a great deal on craigslist and the stroller looks almost brand new. It was barely used and it is a perfect match to our infant car-seat.
As for her eating habits, I can't break her of the stage 2 baby food veggies & fruit. I try to give her the real stuff, but she just refuses for the most part. I think she doesn't like the textures. So I think she will be on the jarred baby food for a while. She does eat yogurt w/little pieces of fruit in it, but if there's a real big chunk, she'll spit it out. She loves cereal with milk and will eat grilled cheese. Sometimes she likes chicken, but other times she refuses. She really likes pasta with marinara and ground beef and hamburgers. She likes meat, like her daddy. And she loves candy and cookies, like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment