On October 10th, I took three pregnancy tests. The first one was a light line for positive. The second one was negative and the third one was maybe? These were all tests I had bought from the dollar store. The next day, we bought a more expensive pregnancy test and I took it when I first woke up and it showed a clear positive. That's when Jeff designed the shirt, so we announced it to our families that day with Julia wearing this shirt.
The next week I went into the doctor and they did a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. I called the following day to get the results and the doctor's assistant told me it was negative. Well this got me all upset/emotional thinking well maybe I had a miscarriage or tubal pregnancy. After an hour or two, I decided to call back to verify the test results and she told me she actually had made a mistake and it was really positive.
So now I scheduled my first appointment with a new doctor. Our insurance had changed since Julia was born, so now instead of Kaiser, we have Health Net. Based on my period, my doctor gave me a due date of June 15th. The first ultrasound did not show the baby, so that was a little scary, but my doctor said that was common if I was 6 weeks or less. He said he would have me come in as soon as possible for another ultrasound in the x-ray department (which has better equipment). So my next ultrasound was scheduled for 6 days later. This time the baby did show up and everything seemed normal. Based on the ultrasound measurement of the baby, they came up with a June 20th (Father's day) due date. My doctor stills wants to go with the first due date, for whatever reason. So around the time the baby is born, Julia will be 23 + months.
Thank you to those of you who have been praying for my pregnancy and baby #2. Julia has been such a blessing to us and now we have a new blessing to look forward to. I am currently in week 13 of my pregnancy, so I believe I am just finishing my first trimester.
5 comments:
So I was right;-p. Congratulations!!!! How exciting ! When are you due??
awwww.... congrats!!!
I'm due mid June. I'm in week 13 right now. So I think that means the first trimester is over.
I am so so happy for all three of you.
Love to you all,
Aunt Marypat
Gosh what a rollercoaster of emotions! I am glad it really was positive. Congrats cousins!
Post a Comment